Wednesday 20 May 2009

BC2006 - work experience - Jera Books

After visiting the Paintworks facility and seeing how the 3rd year of the course would work, I realised that I would need to be very self-motivated and create a lot of self-generated work to make the sure I got the most out of it.

I realised that I would need work experience with production companies, but also would need to work on projects myself and approach them as if was a freelancer producing a video for a client.

The project for Jera books was given to me by Phil Purves who had been contacted by the company. I volunteered to take the project on and managed every aspect from the initial production meetings, to equipment and location booking, shooting, editing and post production.

Here's the finished result ;




I have had some very positive feedback from the company about the project and I personally learned a great deal about myself, my abilities, time management and conflicting deadlines from doing it - good preparation for the freelance world !

No comments: