Wednesday 20 May 2009

BC2003 - Bath Spa Media Event - opportunities

As a result of doing the event it has given me more ideas in developing freelance work opportunities to add to the great progress I have already made in this area.

I have been working as a freelance audio editor / proofer / production assistant for Talking Issues audiobooks since february 2009. I initially went on work experience and they were impressed enough to offer me freelance work after 1 day there.

In November 2008 I attended the Encounters Film Festival and picked up a lot of 'Skillset' leaflets relating to training & opportunities in the industry. I since applied & was accepted for the 'Skillset Film Trainee Network' which will provide me with some paid placements with production companies and film crews.

Building up to the event this really helped my confidence and gave me some comfort in being able to gain work in the media whilst still studying.

After helping to run the event I identified that I need more experience in organising, directing and working with groups of people.

So, to gain more experience I have just produced a short promo video for a former Olympic Skiier and motivational speaker as a freelance director / producer. I have also agreed to direct an episode of BSU's 'Liquid Soap' in June and this will really help to build my skills.

No comments: