Tuesday 20 November 2007

BC1001 - Media Consumption

I've been tracking my Media Consumption over the last few weeks and surprised myself with how much I'm getting through !

My consumption is crammed into small chunks of the day because I work 8 til 6 Monday to Wednesday, have a young son (Rory - 8 months), and also have a few Band Projects on the go so I'm always busy with something - so I wonder how I cram all this in .....


Web Browsing -
Average 2 hours a day, some at work, some at home. Check email, Banking, Uni work & research, Social Networking Sites, World News, buying Presents, Concert Tickets, checking Gigs & Entertainment news.
TV -
Average 2 hours per day. Rarely watch any scheduled shows apart from Match of the Day, Documentaries or Wildlife Programmes. Watch a lot of Music Documentaries on "Mainstreet" Channel.
Watch around 4 DVDs per week - we use Lovefilm.com for DVD Rentals so watch a bit of a mixed bag of stuff (recently - Hotel Rwanda, Hostel, Finding Neverland)

Newspapers -
1 hour per week. we get a 'quality' paper delivered on a Saturday and mindless tat on a Sunday ! Rarely read them both fully.
Books -
4 hours per week - Currently reading 'In the Fast Lane' - the Story of the Eagles , 'Zen Guitar' - a Zen approach to Guitar Playing , 'All you need to know about the Music Business' - as the title suggests.
Music \ Radio -
Listening Mostly in the Car - 1 hour per day. Also I'm doing occasional Sound Engineering for an Elvis Impersonator so that adds about an hour a week !
Guitar Playing -
5 hours per week - This counts on a few media fronts ! I'm currently learning some Elton John Songs for a Project so I'm watching the DVDs, Listening to the CD's, learning the parts from a Songbook plus researching the Guitar parts on Internet Guitar Sites and watching live Performances of the songs on YouTube.

No comments: